The next time you find yourself with an abundance of pears, don’t let them go to waste! There are many ways to use pears in homemade beauty recipes. From face masks to hair treatments, pears can help improve your complexion and make your hair look healthy and shiny. So why not try one of these recipes? Your skin and hair will thank you!
Check out these huge benefits of pears:
For the skin :
Pears are a real source of nutrients. To take care of your skin, pears might just give you what you need. They are rich in vitamins A and C and K1 which are essential for the maintenance of healthy skin. Vitamin A helps keep skin smooth and soft. As well as it participates in the production of collagen. While vitamin C helps protect the skin from free radicals. As for vitamin k1, this vitamin contributes to the production of keratin, a protein that gives the skin its resistance and elasticity. In addition, pears contain fiber which can also contribute to clean and clear skin. Finally, its high water content keeps the skin hydrated, making it an excellent choice for people with dry skin.
For hair :
Most people know that pears are a tasty and healthy snack, but did you know that they can also be good for your hair? Pears are a reservoir of minerals, especially copper and potassium. And with high levels of vitamins C and K1, these nutrients all contribute to maintaining healthy hair follicles and promoting hair growth. Vitamin K1 contributes to the proper functioning of blood vessels, which is essential for good circulation.
Also, pears contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help keep hair soft and shiny. And if you’re worried about frizzy hair, pears can also help. The fruit’s natural oils can help tame flyaways and leave your hair looking smooth and groomed.
For hands and feet:
Most people know the benefits of pears for the face. They are often used in facial cleansers and toners because they are gentle and effective in removing dirt and oil. Pears are also beneficial for the hands and feet. The juice of a pear can be used as a natural exfoliant to slough off dead skin cells and promote new cell growth. Pears are also rich in antioxidants, which provide total protection to the skin against environmental factors. The function of vitamin K1 extends to promoting strong nails. Moreover, all the vitamins that pears contain help to keep skin young and healthy. For these reasons, pears are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a natural way to improve the health of their hands and feet.
Reap the benefits of pears with these five homemade treatments to try:
- For a refreshing facial cleanser, mix one pear with two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of jojoba oil. Apply to face and rinse with warm water.
- To lighten dull skin, mix a crushed pear, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of plain yogurt. Apply to face and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- For a moisturizing hair mask, combine a crushed pear with two tablespoons of olive oil and an egg yolk. Apply to wet hair and leave on for 20 minutes before proceeding with the usual shampoo.
- To soothe dry hands, mix equal parts pear puree and beeswax. Rub your hands together and leave on for 15 minutes before washing them off.
- For a foot scrub that will leave them soft and smooth, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil and the juice of half a pear. Scrub the feet and rinse them with warm water.