It looks like a cannonball with a handle, or even a teapot without a spout, which explains the name “kettlebell” in English. Real kettlebells are made from either cast iron or steel.
Unlike a dumbbell, dumbbells have a center of gravity beyond the hand. Kettlebells swing, toss, juggle, squeeze, hold, move and manipulate in hundreds of ways. Small in size and portable, they can be incorporated into all aspects of athletic training and fitness. Kettlebells are a very effective way to lose weight, tone the body, increase cardiovascular fitness and strength, and maintain joint health, mobility and flexibility.
The principle of its operation.
Expend more than 400 calories in 20 minutes: This is the result obtained during a kettlebell session. A kettlebell looks like a metal ball with a handle on top. They come in several weights. You’ll use it to perform moves like lunges, lifts, and shoulder presses.
These exercises work the cardiovascular system and can burn up to 20 calories per minute, which corresponds to a one kilometer run in 6 minutes. Kettlebell exercises are very flexible. It is possible to incorporate a few movements into your own training program or to do specific kettlebell training several times a week.
Watch videos on YouTube or join a kettlebell session at the gym to master training techniques without risk. You’ll quickly realize that the likes of Gal Gadot, Blake Lively, and Sylvester Stallone are big believers in kettlebell exercises.
Intensity level : Very high.
You’ll sweat it out doing a series of quick cardio and strength-training moves like kettlebell swings, lunges, shoulder presses, and push-ups.
- Body : In effect. Kettlebell exercises often include squats, lunges, sit-ups, and other moves that work the abs and other muscles in the body.
- Arm : Kettlebells are used as weights to perform arm exercises such as one-arm rows and shoulder presses.
- Legs : There are also the most popular kettlebell exercises like squats and lunges.
- Glutes: Your glutes will be toned using the kettlebells as extra weight during lunges and squats.
- Back : Deadlifts with kettlebells will tone your back muscles.
- Flexibility: Training with kettlebells improves your flexibility.
- Aerobics: An intense workout that will make your heart race.
- Of the force : The kettlebell helps develop muscle resistance and strength.
- Sport : It’s more about fitness and not sports.
- Low impact: High intensity movements such as running, jumping and others must be planned.
What else should you know?
- Good for beginners? Yes, provided you take a course or select good videos posted on Youtube for beginners and use lighter kettlebells. Certain training programs with kettlebells can also be used by the more experienced.
- Outside : It is possible to practice training with kettlebells outdoors or indoors.
- Home : It is possible to practice the exercises with kettlebells at home.
- Material required? Yes, from a kettlebell. In sports stores and online retailers, one can buy kettlebells whose price can vary between 14.90 € and 44.90 €, depending on the desired weight. As there is a bundle that brings together different kettlebell weights at a great price.
The use of kettlebells is so varied that it allows great autonomy and ease of training. You can enjoy its benefits anytime and anywhere. All you need is a portable, inexpensive tool to use at home, in the living room, in the backyard, or even in the office.